Monday, January 24, 2011

Exploring Brazil Day 4

Yesterday was fun. Raymond, my cousin’s husband, came home a bit early from work, took a nap to re-energize, then we were ready for action.



At 5:00 PM, my cousin Luisa, her American husband Raymond, and I drove to Puerto Iguacu , Argentina a 30 minute drive across the border. As it was Saturday many Brazilians flock to Puerto Iquacu for shopping, eating, dancing etc. Yes, everything costs lot less for Brazilians in Argentina . At the border, it took non-Brazilians like Raymond and I a while to go through the immigration process. But patience paid off!

The town reminded me like Puerto Vallarta , Mexico , but without the beach. It was rather rural or like the forest with old little casitas, shops and streets covered with cobble stones. It has a unique old town experience and feel to it.

In town, I went to almost all the leather shops but I only found one store, called Skin, which had my size (average US $300.00 per jacket). Well, I didn't buy any jackets so I headed to a specialty food store to buy parmesan cheese (totally yummy). I bought some wonderful good quality wines made in Argentina (Chardonnay), then headed off to a local restaurant and bought some take out Pintanema. I then bought a local grapefruit drink which was very refreshing for $1.50, which was a total bargain for Brazilians. Oh.....by the way, I had some of the best coconut ice cream I've ever tasted!
It was a fun and interested evening and I enjoyed it to the fullest!

Well, that's it for now. It's almost 8:00 AM and I am getting ready for my trip this morning to meet my uncle in Paraguay . Ate logo meus amigos or maybe I should say, Adios mis amigos in Spanish!



Lin can be contacted at lin_travels@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment